Scott County Law Enforcement Memorial Scholarship
Here you will find all criteria related to applying for the Scott County Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Scholarship. Provided at the bottom of this page are the documents you will need to print and fill out to apply (application & reference form). All of the information on this page is also provided on the application itself. Please read thoroughly to understand all criteria.
1. Applicants must return the completed application to the scholarship committee NO LATER than March 26, 2023.
2. Scholarships in the amount of $1,500.00 will be awarded at the banquet; Tuesday, May 16th, 2023.
3. Checks to the scholarship winners will be jointly drawn in the name of the academic institution and the student.
1. At the time of application and the awarding of the scholarship, the applicant must reside in or be employed within the geographical
boundaries of Scott County, MN.
2. Candidates are required to validate their academic achievement through the submission of high school, vocational and/or college transcripts and/or workshop certificates.
3. Preference may be given to candidates who must relinquish their regular employment to attend the skills course. Preference may also be given to candidates currently enrolled in a law enforcement course.
4. Scholarships are only available to students who have applied to or have been accepted into one of the following educational categories:
a. Two year Law Enforcement program
b. Vocational Technical Police program
c. Mandated skills program
d. Four year College Law Enforcement or Criminal Justice program
5. Individuals who have previously been awarded The Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Scholarship of Scott County are not eligible to apply for the 2022 scholarship award.
6. It is the responsibility of the applicant to:
a. Obtain and submit three (3) letters of recommendation to the committee –see attached forms;
b. Submit completed application along with most recent educational transcripts.
c. Comply with all requirements of the Procedure and Student Criteria sections in order for an application to be considered.
Each year, qualified applicants are rejected because they have not provided the three (3) recommendations and the most recent educational transcripts. Make sure these are enclosed!
Mail completed application, current transcripts, and recommendations to:
The Law Enforcement Officers Memorial
Scholarship Committee of Scott County
Attn.: Tim McGovern
33235 151st Avenue
Montgomery, MN 56069
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AWARD, APPLICATION AND ALL DOCUMENTATION MUST ARRIVE NO LATER THAN MARCH 26, 2023.